Chap. 1-5 due Wednesday, Feb 3rd
Chap. 6-9 due Monday, Feb 8th
Chap. 10-15 due Friday, Feb 12th
Chap. 16-19 due Wednesday, Feb 17th
Chap. 20-23 due Monday, Feb 22nd
Chap. 24-30 due Friday, Feb 26th
For each reading, and every chapter, you are expected to complete Chapter Annotations:
- Summary: write a short summary, which emphasizes the major actions and characterizations.
- 3-Level Questions: create a factual, an inferential, and a critical question for each chapter. Though you do not need to answer them, it is helpful to have an answer in mind when you share them aloud.
- circle all or most of the words you might need to define, define 1-3 per chapter.
- underline confusing passages, parts that you could use some clarification on.
- square passages you feel comfortable explaining to someone, if necessary.
- write marginalia containing authentic reader reactions with punctuation, text-speak, and insightful comments. Make connections to other knowledge you might have. Comment on things that frustrate you or make predictions about what might come next.
- Identify and analyze figurative language; answer what purpose it might serve the author in conveying a specific idea.