Chapter 1 due Friday, Jan 9th
Chapters 2-5 due Monday, Jan 12th
Chapters 6-9 due Thursday, Jan 15th
Chapters 10-15 due Tuesday, Jan 20th
Chapters 16-19 due Friday, Jan 23rd
Chapters 20-23 due Tuesday, Jan 27th
Chapters 24-30 due Friday, Jan 30th
For each reading, and every chapter, you are expected to complete Chapter Annotations:
1. Summary: write a short summary which emphasizes the major actions and characterizations.
2. 3-Level Questions: create a factual, an inferential, and a critical question for each chapter. Though you do not need to answer them, it is helpful to have an answer in mind when you share them aloud.
- circle all or most of the words you might need to define, define 1-3 per chapter.
- underline confusing passages, parts that you could use some clarification on.
- square passages you feel comfortable explaining to someone, if necessary. You should square at least 1-2 passages per chapter.
- write marginalia containing authentic reader reactions with punctuation, text-speak, and insightful comments. Make connections to other knowledge you might have. Comment on things that frustrate you or make predictions about what might come next.
- identify and analyze figurative language; answer what purpose it might serve the author in conveying a specific idea.