Check Topic and Sources
ACT IV:3Q discussion
Share from real trials
Cotton Mather excerpt
-scenes and groups
HW Prepare dramatic reading
HW Journal #10: Read Miller's "Why I Wrote the Crucible" and answer the following questions:
1. Define two unknown words and use them in an original sentence.
2. What is the "paralysis" Miller responded to by writing the play?
3. What are some of the parallel characters between the Salem Witch Trial and the McCarthy "hunt for Reds in America?"
4. How has the play become a political tool?
1. What is one simile/metaphor Miller uses? Is it effective? Why or why not?
2. What kind of previous knowledge might be useful before reading this essay?
3. How might 'archaic speech" become new to a writer?
4. Who might the intended audience for this essay be? Use evidence to support your response.
Share out Journal #10
Socratic Seminar Questions and format
-prepare for tomorrow
HW Prepare for Seminar;
AND, work on digital annotation
Cotton Mather 1/2 sheet
Written Response to Crucible
HW Digital Annotation due tomorrow
-finish Reader's Theater
-Int The News/Ind. Read
HW Journal #11: Ind. Read Format
-swap and peer response
Seminar on synthesis topic
Synthesis Essay Prep and Write