BILLY BUDD, SAILOR
Turn in Journals (for real!)
Check Chapters 10-15, 16-19
Review BB Questions CH. 1-15
Begin 2 corner debate t-graph
-pros and cons of capital punishment
-organize, identify pathos, logos, ethos
Review Argumentation terms and structure
HW READ; Vocab Quiz Friday on 10-19
Book Check, chapters 20-23
JOURNAL # ____
Thomas Paine excerpt
HW Finish box
Record the persuasive elements of Vere's speech, Ch 21, pp96-99:
1. When does he shift styles (change in tone), or how does he adjust his speech for his audience?
2. Identify and outline Vere's thesis, supporting evidence and conclusion.
3. What is his most persuasive point and why?
4. Are you convinced by the end of his speech? What decision would you make and why?
5. Do his words match his name?
HW Finish Questions
Argument Essay Packet
-introduction to the assignment
Synthesis Papers back
HW Finish reading BB