Typed Draft #1 due
- peer reponse
- style guide edit
- working on balancing our sentence structures
HW Journal #3o & #31: Independent Reading
College Center Presentations
HW Don't forget, draft #2 tomorrow
Thursday & Friday
Return Their Eyes Were Watching God and Huckleberry Finn
and get The Things They Carried and The Red Badge of Courage
- Read Around and Peer Edit
Their Eyes Were Watching God Final Essay is due to turnitin.com Monday, April 25th.
READ The Red Badge of Courage and answer the following questions in your journal. Expect to show me your journal entries for HW credit and expect a reading quiz the day you return.
HW DUE APRIL 25th
- Hard Copy of Their Eyes Were Watching God Final Essay, two drafts and one outline to turn in Monday the 25th.
- Read The Red Badge of Courage by Stephen Crane: count 150 pages toward your 500 required pages for Independent Reading
- -->2 10 pt Journal Entries, #32 & #33
#33-What elements of Crane's style help to create a sense of realism? How does Crane achieve pathos? What language supports the sense that war is less about acts of heroism or cowardice and more about ambivalence? How is war personified? What is meant by the ending sentence of Chapter 20, "And they were men."
- Reading Quiz when you return
Review The Red Badge of Courage Journal Entries
Introduction to The Things they Carried by Tim O'Brien
Journal #35: write Goodbye Letter
Dear America Documentary
The Things They Carried
- geo/political history