Review and collect OPTIC HW
Group Work on Questions for The Grapes of Wrath
--focus on evidence
--due at the end of class
Woody Guthrie Song
Need to hear it again? Go to YouTube and type in Guthrie Tom Joad. While you're there listen and watch Blowin' down the Road.
HW choose your independent book and begin reading ASAP;
AND Write Research Project Focus;
AND Consider the lyrics to the Guthrie song:
1. Does Guthrie's music and lyrics match your understanding of Tom Joad's experience?
2. At the end of the song, what impression to you think Guthrie wants to leave you with?
3. Who might a target audience have been for this song?
4. Focus on specific lyrics, is there any significance in Guthrie's lyrics as they interpret Steinbeck's narrative?
5. What other subjects from the book would have made interesting music?
Review Student Annotation Models
--compare to recently returned practice
HW Write a short paragraph which revisits your original impression of The Grapes of Wrath. Adjust your opinion by explaining a new appreciation, or justification for seasoned distaste of the novel. Be prepared to provide evidence for either.
HW Go to Library SIRS search (see handout) and find article related to topic. Write a rough annotation of article.
-places to look
Grapes of Wrath initial impression revisited
HW Read approximately 30-50 pages in NONFiction book.
AND Sources are now due TUESDAY.
Baseline Essay Workshop
-norming on AP rubirc
-norming on writing rubric
Rhetorical Analysis Strategies
Grapes of Wrath Book TEST